Neelam M Bali, Behavioural Counsellor and Soft Skills Trainer
Women are very complex and multidimensional, and little do we take note of or give them their due credit. In its latest initiative, KEEKLI brings to you different colours of Women and how multifaceted they are. A take on life through their eyes !!!
- How do you define yourself — I am a person with a vision and believe that one should always follow one’s dream.
- Have you discovered yourself — Discovery is an ongoing process and I am still travelling.
- How do you balance work and life — Work is part of life and it is an important component of my life.
- A dare quotient (Anything you would dare to do or say!) — Have the courage of conviction and lead life on your terms.
- Life lessons learnt — Learning goes on as long as you live, so each day one learns something new.
- Your driving force — My driving force is prayer, my belief in myself and goodness of human beings.
- Success / failure (what it means to you?) — I believe there is no such thing as ‘failure’ it is a chance to try again and do better. Success is relative – it means different things to different people. For me success is when you can smile even in the face of adversity.
- Three things no one knows about me — I really don’t know what people don’t know about me ! We discover one another with reference to our own perspectives.
- My most over-used term — “Don’t grow like wild grass, bloom like flowers”.
- New things I learnt from my kids — To a large extent what I am today is thanks to what I have learnt from my students and now my counsellors.
- I love to watch — I love to watch a game of basketball and tennis, a good movie and the programme HARDTALK from BBC. But most of all I love watching the cartoon ‘Tom and Jerry’.
- Most recent book I finished reading — ‘The Color Purple’ by Alice Walker, is the latest book I have read.
- My first thought in the morning — My first thought in the morning is — god is so kind who has given mankind another glorious day.
- Fictional place I would love to be in — I love the hills so I am very happy being here. Yes I also like being by the side of clear flowing water.
- Message to peers and my readers — My message is live life with positivity and Open mindedness and compassion in your hearts.
- Feminism to you is — Feminism to me means taking pride in being a woman.
- Women empowerment to you means — Women empowerment to me means having the freedom of thought and action and create and follow your own path.