WHAT IS IT?
Keekli Doodle Art Festival is a family-friendly, two-day ART EVENT for students of classes 1 to 12, for Shimla City Schools. A fun-packed event, that combines Workshops by renowned creative artists, interactive sessions, drawing contests, visual storytelling and many other ways of experiencing and understanding ART.
Art workshops by SIX Renowned Professional Artists, on different forms of art including doodling, illustrations, cartooning, animation, stamp designing, in addition to on-the-spot drawing contests. With a dozen workshops running simultaneously for different age groups, it is possible for an interested student to spend the whole day attending different sessions.
- To promote the power of drawing as a tool of visual communication
- To highlight the significance of drawing/art in various professions
- To spread visual literacy
ATTENDANCE / AUDIENCE
The festival expects a participation of almost 500 plus registered students each day along with 100s of parents, guardians, teachers and principals. Invitations / posters / social media promos are being sent to schools throughout the city.
We are a team of creative professionals united around a single passion — ART!
KEEKLI, in collaboration with DOODLE, has created an amazing event in Shimla, where children of all age groups can come together to draw, paint, scribble, sketch, imagine, innovate, create, doodle or simply get inspired!
PANELISTS OF WORKSHOP ARTISTS
- Sankha Samanta: Multitalented personality; paints as well as designs murals, wallscapes and postage stamps. Designer of more than 400 postage stamps, which is the highest number of designs by any Indian designer. Stamps designed by him have won the National Stamp Popularity polls five times.
- Salil Shail: Animation film designer and story artist with over 18 years of experience in the business of illustration, design, cartooning, photography & award winning international episodic and feature film projects.
- Suvidha Mistry: Graphic artist and trained art & craft teacher, with more than thirty illustrated books to her credit.
- Vandana Bisht: Illustrator since 1986, she has won the Katha Chitrakala Award for best illustrator of the year; has worked with several reputed publishers, including Katha, Penguin, Harper Collins, RatnaSagar and Frank Brothers; has also worked with many institutions, including The American Embassy School, The Shriram School, Gurgaon and Delhi Public School, Noida.
- Uday Shankar Ganguly: Experienced in all forms of art — cartoons, caricatures, illustrations, portrait drawings, comic strips, book cover designs, sculptures as well as paintings. Has drawn over 5000 portraits of national and international celebrities, most of which have been published in the The Times of India.
- Amita Khare: A certified storyteller from Kathalaya Academy of Storytelling, her fun, interactive and action-packed storytelling style is known to bring out the best in young children.
For an event of this magnitute, support from well-wishers is the key to success. We are thankful to our SPONSORS who have partnered with us — SJVNL, Shimla; Sood Sabha Shimla; Sakura & HobbyCraft, New Delhi; All India Artists Association (AIAA); Himachal Academy of Arts, Culture & Languages; Tenzing Hospital; Uday Advertisers; Media Partners — City Channel Shimla & BigFM.